Let's Play Music has added our first male teacher. We are so excited and have no doubt that he is going to be an amazing addition to the LPM family!!
Meet Dave Meadows from Laveen, Arizona!
- How did you hear about Let's Play Music? I heard about LPM from another teacher, Kendra Halterman, who I knew and had accompanied for many times. I put my son in her class and I was hooked!
- What was your most successful recruiting strategy? My most successful strategy was getting in contact with a local organized Mom's group. The group contained a lot of moms who home school their kids so they are always looking for activities like music class. I got five new students from on contact in that group!
- What is your teaching schedule? I will be teaching 3 first year classes. Tuesdays at 4:00pm, and Thursdays at 5:00pm and 6:00pm
- What is your favorite LPM song? I like so many of them, it's hard to pick a favorite. I really like "Good Bye, Old Paint" for a couple of reasons. A long time ago when I lived in Northern Colorado I had a temp job in Cheyenne and was always glad to be "leaving Cheyenne!" Also, it's one of my son's favorite songs and I love how he sings it, cowboy accent and all.
- How many are in your family? (Kids, dogs, cats, etc..) I've been married for 10 years and we have one son, Ethan, who just turned 9. We've had several pets over the years (finches, rats, fish, etc.) but they all seem to die on us.
- What is your favorite food? My favorite food is whatever my wife just fixed...right? (Despite being male, I've learned a thing or two) Great answer Dave!! You just scored a few extra points. ;)
- What is your favorite past time or hobby? My favorite past time is getting my wife to roll her eyes from dumb jokes or bad puns...she doesn't really laugh anymore. Or I like taking a word she says and singing a song or line that has that word in it. Also, I love cycling! I love riding my rode bike (by myself and with my son) and watching every stage of the Tour de France. I even have a picture (that I took with my own camera) of Lance Armstrong from his first win of the Tour in 1999. Three ropes walked into a bar...
- Do you have any advice for other teachers who are new to LPM and getting their business ready for the Fall that you would like to share? I would say get a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast, take your vitamins, get a little bit of exercise and STAY ORGANIZED!! I couldn't do this without my wife's organizational help!
Dave, it was refreshing getting a brief glimpse into your personality. I would love to be a fly on the wall in your classes. I'm sure they will be not only educational but a blast as well. Thanks so much for sharing with us!!