Let's Play Music has many wonderfully talented and super qualified teachers sharing the fabulous LPM program all over the United States. We want to spotlight our teachers so others can learn more about the wide variety of instructors we have, where LPM is being taught, and the joy that music brings into all of our lives!
Our next Teacher Spotlight is Angela Shaner from Mesquite, Nevada!
- How long have you been teaching LPM? This is my third year teaching Let's Play Music.
- What is your current teaching schedule? I teach two 3rd Year classes back to back on Mondays, Red Balloons and Green Turtle Shells on Tuesdays and Red Balloons and Green Turtle Shells on Thursdays.
- How did you hear about LPM? I heard about LPM through a forum for Primary Music Leaders as that was my calling in church at the time...funny how things work out. I researched LPM and it sounded exactly like what I had been looking for. I was hooked after that!!
- What is your favorite LPM song? Oh gosh, I have to choose just one song? I absolutely love the "March of the Gnomes" puppet show. It's one of my favorites.
- How many are in your family? (Kids, dogs, cats, ect..) There are six in my family...my husband and I, our two girls and two boys (and a dog & cat too)!!
- What is your favorite food? My favorite food is popcorn. :) I love popcorn...I guess that's more of a snack, so my favorite food...hmmm...Roast and Potatoes!!
- What is your favorite past time or hobby? My favorite past time or hobby is crafting. When I have the chance I love to make all kinds of crafts!!
- Do you have any advice for other teachers or lessons learned while teaching that you would like to share? I'm sure I could still take the advice too. I learn something new about teaching all the time. Just enjoy yourself. If you love it, it will show through in your teaching. Have fun and the kids will have fun too! Some days may not go as well as others...just pick yourself up and the next time you teach you will be reminded why you love teaching and why you do what you do.
Thanks for the advice Angela! You are so right. Some days are harder than others, but aren't we all so lucky to have the best "job" in the world!!